- Peopleship - How Horsemanship can Enlighten our Relationships with Employees and Employers
How the predator/prey relationship infects the employment process and what to do about it, by Seth Burgess
- How to Hire and Keep Good Help
Seth Burgess, president of Equimax, shares his insights after almost ten years as a horse industry employer and after more than twelve years of talking to job seekers and employers five days a week.
- Help Wanted: Top Equine employers share secrets on how they attract and retain quality workers.
A great article by Jennifer O. Bryant -- reprinted with permission from Stable Management Magazine.
- Using Anti-Discrimination Laws to Find the Best Employees
Believe it or not, you can actually find better help by using federal and state anti-discrimination laws. This article explains how to make these laws work to your advantage.
- Managing the Equestrian Facility: Answers to Most Commonly Asked Questions
by Equestrian Services, LLC
- Health and Accident Insurance for the Horse Industry
Insurance professional Heather Gentry explains how employers can provide flexible health and accident benefits at a cost to fit most any budget.
- Hiring Non-citizens
Getting permission from the United States Immigration Service to hire non-citizens is not an easy process. Equimax provides a link to get you started.
- Common Job Descriptions
A list of the most commonly used job titles and a description of the duties and requirements for each. Be sure you are using the terms the way other people use them!
- Hurricane & Emergency Preparedness for Horse Owners
A comprehensive guide to preparing your horses and facilities to survive a hurricane or other emergency. Plus an Equine Health Care and Emergency Treatment Form courtesy of Lanier Cordell.